Friday, February 15, 2013

2013...a new year...a new us!!

I know we are now over a month into 2013 but it has taken me the entire month of January to finalize our goals.  I can never do things in a simple one-step process, one-step or thought always leads me to another.

I started by thinking about all the things we've talked about wanting to accomplish this year.  Then came the who, what, when, where, how and how much??!!!

I finally had a list of goals that I was happy with.  Our family goals can be summed up into two categories: 

{personal/family and finances}


I decided to start with the financial goals first (let's face it, you need finances to accomplish everything else).  


First task...getting organized and re-vamping our finance binder (more on that later)



I also signed up (or should I say re-signed up) for mint.com (check it out here www.mint.com)  in an effort to go as paperless as possible this year.  In the past, too much paper as gotten me into too much trouble.

I am hoping that as we begin with our finances, everything else will follow. 



Now without further ado....the Butler family's 2013 goals:
  • Money, money, money....decrease debt, increase savings and giving
  • Love and marriage....make date nights a priority
  • Meal planning...this will also help with the finances
  • Home....cleaning schedule, organizing, more organizing and re-decorating 
  • Vacay.....this is a must for this year



I have to say, I am pretty excited about our goals and can't wait to see where 2013 takes the Butlers. 



2 comments:

  1. And so... I left a comment 2 weeks back... my phone shut down... and I see that my comment never posted! Arrgg.... So let me be sure to say (once again) that I LOVE the blog!! And the layout is simply divine!! Whoop!! Whooop!! Gone' head in yo pink Cadillac!!

    ReplyDelete